PL Matchweek 28: Southampton vs. Tottenham Hotspur
PL MATCHWEEK 28: SOUTHAMPTON VS. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR – Premier League Matchweek 28 is here and I’m excited to break down all of the meaningful matches for this week. Last week, we looked at Bournemouth vs. Liverpool, but I’m back with my full analysis of all the matches.
You can click here to read all of my soccer coverage for the Premier League. Let’s get to the match.
Southampton (20th) vs Tottenham Hotspur (4th)
Date: Saturday, 03/18/2023 at 11:00 AM EST
Pitch: Southampton – St. Mary’s Stadium, Southampton, England
Current PL Form: | Southampton (LWLWD) | Tottenham Hotspur (LWWLW) |
Last PL Match: | Manchester United 0 – 0 Southampton | | Tottenham Hotspur 3 – 1 Nott. Forest |
Head to Head
- Southampton have scored fewer goals than any team in the Premier League this season.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of the last 6 meetings between these two teams.
- Both teams are averaging 2.5 goals conceded per 90 minutes this Premier League season.
- Only 2 of Southampton’s 6 wins have come at St. Mary’s Stadium.
- Tottenham have a -1 GD when playing in away games in the Premier League this season.
PREDICTION: SOUTHAMPTON 1 – 2 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR