Liverpool vs. Arsenal Expert Pick – April 9th, 2023
LIVERPOOL VS. ARSENAL EXPERT PICK – APRIL 9th, 2023 – A must-watch game awaits us all this weekend as league leaders Arsenal will hop on a bus to take on Liverpool at the fortress they call Anfield.
Liverpool are coming into this game winless in their previous 3 league matches, but all 3 of these games were away. No matter how shaky Liverpool have been this season, the one thing that has remained constant is their ability to get results at home. Liverpool have only lost 1 game this season when playing at Anfield and have picked up 30 points from a possible 39.
Arsenal extended their Premier League winning streak to 7 games with their 4-1 win over Leeds United and maintained their 8 point lead at the top of the table. This game will be a test for this young team and a win here would almost guarantee a Premier League title. Liverpool are unbeaten at home against Arsenal in the previous 6 Premier League meetings between these two sides and Arsenal have not won a league game against Liverpool at Anfield since 2012. This has to be a factor coming into this weekend.
I am expecting an extremely exciting game with plenty of goals. Can Liverpool shock the world? Or will Arsenal make a statement and prove to everyone that this is their year to win the league?
Date: Sunday, 04/09/2023 at 11:30 AM EST
Pitch: Liverpool – Anfield, Liverpool, England
Current PL Form: | Liverpool (WWLLD) | Arsenal (WWWWW) |
Last PL Match: | Chelsea 0 – 0 Liverpool | | Arsenal 4 – 1 Leeds United |
Head to Head
Draft Kings Moneyline Odds: | HOME: +175 | TIE: +270 | AWAY: +135 |
| Both Teams to Score Yes (-190) & Over 2.5 Total Goals (-160) |
Throughout their impressive season, Arsenal have never truly convinced defensively, and the likely absence of Saliba will have Liverpool licking their chops. However, for what Arsenal lacks defensively, they have more than made up for it in the final third and Liverpool’s lack of clean sheets should guarantee some goals.
— Football Daily (@footballdaily) April 3, 2023
Video By: Twitter (@footballdaily)
- Arsenal will be without Takehiro Tomiyasu, Eddie Nketiah, and William Saliba all due to injury.
- Liverpool will be without Stefan Bajcetic and Naby Keita due to injury and Luis Diaz and Thiago are both doubtful.
- Arsenal have the best away record in the Premier League, having won 11 of their 14 games on the road, also scoring the most goals (28) and conceding the fewest (9) away from home.
- Liverpool are averaging 2.6 goals per game and only conceding an average of 0.7 per game at home.
- Liverpool have only lost 1 game at Anfield this season and have a 9W-3D-1L record.
- Liverpool have beaten 3 of the current top 4 teams this season at Anfield: Manchester City (1-0), Manchester United (7-0), and Newcastle (2-1).
- Arsenal have not beaten Liverpool in a Premier League game at Anfield since 2012.
- Arsenal have won 7 Premier League games in a row.
- Arsenal have scored at least 3 goals in their last 5 Premier League matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal’s last 5 Premier League games.
Even though Arsenal are having their best season in a while, a win against Liverpool at Anfield is easier said than done. Knowing that Liverpool have won each of their last six home games against Arsenal, it’s hard to write them off.
Yes we all know by now that Arsenal have the best away record this season and that they score plenty of goals, but Liverpool have only allowed more than 1 goal in 2 of their 13 games at home.
Jurgen Klopp did not play Salah, Van Dijk, Robertson, or Alexander-Arnold in Liverpool’s 0-0 draw against Chelsea. Was he saving these players for the game against Arsenal? If so, it appears that this game is extremely important to Jurgen Klopp and that could be a worry for Arsenal.
I’m predicting a tight game and I do think that Liverpool will test Arsenal with all they have.
However, Jurgen Klopp wants his team to play a certain way by constantly attacking the ball and putting pressure on the opposition, but I don’t think this current Liverpool team have the legs to do that for an entire 90 minutes and my gut tells me that Liverpool will not beat this Arsenal team.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see this game end in a draw though, which in my opinion would be a win for both sides.