ATLANTA, Georgia---Welcome to Godzilla Madness, your guide to money-making selections for March Madness!
Brought you by DRAFT KINGS and Promo Code GODZILLA!
College basketball fans, join the action on the court during the biggest tournament of the year with DraftKings Sportsbook. Turn your team’s victory into your own big win. New customers can bet just FIVE DOLLARS on any team to win and get TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS IN FREE BETS if they do. Yup, it’s that simple. If they win, you win. USE PROMO CODE GODZILLA!
- DraftKings Sportsbook customers can also bet on college hoops with SAME GAME PARLAYS.
- Combine multiple bets from the same game for a bigger payout. The more legs you add, the more money you can win.
- DraftKings is safe, secure, and reliable. Best of all, you can deposit and withdraw your cash whenever you want!
Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now, use promo code GODZILLA, bet FIVE DOLLARS on any college hoops team to win and get TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS IN FREE BETS if they do. If they win, YOU WIN with promo code GODZILLA this week at DraftKings Sportsbook. Must be 21 or older, If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call the Virginia Problem Gambling Helpline at 888-532-3500.
OFF TO A GREAT START!
We are off to a smoking hot start, going 2-0 last night with wins on Houston -9 and Iowa State +2.5. I announced them on my TV show Outside the Beltway on Real America’s Voice if you missed it! Let’s keep it going today. It’s always good to get out of the blocks with a few wins, and a little jack to play with. Are you tired of all the winning yet?
Let’s start with the first five #GodzillaWins March Madness betting rules:
1. If you are betting the dog, never, ever bet the money line. Take the points. There are only two types of bet tickets: the ones you cash, and the ones you tear up. There is nothing worse than taking the underdog, and instead of getting maybe five points you bet the money-line, get 150 to 100 (looks good on paper), lead the whole game and then somebody drains a trey to beat your team by one at the buzzer. Instead of getting a payout, you take the pipe. Only bet the money-line if you like the chalk, and don’t want to lay the points. I don’t like that either, but there’s no rule against it. The goal is to cash tickets, not throw them away.
2. Throw your brackets away if you bet individual games. Otherwise, your bracket choice at work in a $20 pool is going to influence your individual game wagers. I know this sounds crazy but its true. I personally never do a bracket, preferring to go game by game.
3. Don’t bet the first round. Too many variables and things going on we don’t know about...with one exception.
4. Exception to Rule 3: Bet against any upset league tournament winner in the first round, that got in only by coming from nowhere to win their conference tourney to punch a dance ticket. See Virginia Tech this year. The teams are usually spent, they wasted two days celebrating the upset wins. They also get a higher than season record earned seed and get bounced in the first round.
5. In rounds 2 and 3: bet speed over the bigs. Superior guard speed carries teams in early rounds over slower footed post up inside the paint competition --until you get to the Sweet 16. Then it all changes. See Houston last night.
Kansas -12 over Creighton
This is the day’s greatest mis-match. While the Blue Jays are normally competitive against superior foes, they are two key players down. Being shorthanded against a dominant Jayhawks team is not a fun way to spend your Saturday. Plus if they get down big, Creighton doesn’t have the shooters to three-ball their way back in the game. KU is explosive offensively against an average offensive team missing two starters. Creighton averaged just 69 a game with them both playing.
If you are afraid to lay the wood, stay on the porch.
Pick: Kansas -12
St. Mary’s +3 over UCLA
How sweet it is. Best quote this tourney so far coming from St. Mary’s old school head coach Randy Bennett: “We came here to win games.”
This St. Mary’s bunch is loose as a goose, playing with no fear and having fun. That’s a trifecta for success. They are solid all around, not flashy, just play sound basketball. And remember, they whitewashed a terrific Indiana team in the first round and defeated Gonzaga earlier in the season. So they are for real.
Meanwhile, UCLA needed the three-ball gods to smile on them against an inferior Akron team. If it didn’t rain 3’s in the last eight minutes the Bruins wouldn’t have joined Indiana and Kentucky on plane rides home.
Oh, and one more thing: Coach Bennet teaches his players how to box out, a lost art in today’s show boating, dunking and jack up the three-ball game. The Gaels get rebounds. Rebounds win games. They are physical. Yes, I’m old school, too.
Pick: St. Mary’s +3
Spoiler Alert: Coming Soon: GodzillaWins.com